the magic carpet

reflections. links. stories. music. the great unknown.

June 08, 2005

Melinda, Melinda

Returning from the Caribbean yesterday, I watched the above-referenced Woody Allen film. Not his best, but I found it quite amusing that not one, but two, women threatened to pitch themselves out of apartment windows.

Why am I telling you this?

As of late, I have been considering taking the rash measure of ending this blog. I like to read and write about music, and I like to participate in nightlife and pop culture chatter, but I'm finding this whole enterprise a bit annoying lately. And I barely have time to even do it. Also, as a NYC music blogger who doesn't really like Bloc Party, I gotta say, what's the fucking point.

I'm not too sure where I'm going to go with all of this, but stay posted. My guess is that I'll continue to post about shows and parties, and that'll be pretty much it.

Oh, and Music Bloggerati-- In apporximately 14-21 days, you will all become really into The Dead 60's. You heard it here first.